Closing the Interviewer
Closing the employer must be accomplished and then repeated at the end of each and every interview. Phone: 1st, 2nd, Final. The very best way to close the Hiring Authority follows:
- Mr. Employer, I’ve appreciated the opportunity to talk with you today.
- I want you to know that I am very interested in the position.
- I am confident that I could manage all of the duties and responsibilities.
- I would like very much to come work for you and your company.
- When can we arrange to talk again regarding your decision to offer me this position?
When the interview is completed and you have returned to your home/office, write a personal note saying exactly the same thing and send it to him/her the same day. Email is acceptable.
- Get the offer so you have a decision to make.
- First impressions are lasting ones!
- A decision not to hire is often made in the first 10 minutes. Be prepared!