Dealbreakers: Why you may not get hired
Reasons Why Candidates Receive Rejection Replies
- Lack of proper career planning, purpose and goals ill defined, need direction. Unrealistic goals.
- Lack of knowledge of field of specialization, not well qualified, lacks depth.
- Inability to express thoughts clearly and concisely OR rambles.
- Insufficient evidence (documentation) of achievement or lack of capacity to excite actions in others.
- Not prepared for the interview.
- No real interest in the organization or the industry, merely shopping around.
- Narrow location interest, unwilling to relocate later, inflexible.
- Little interest and enthusiasm, indifferent or bland personality
- Overbearing, overaggressive, conceited, cocky, aloof, assuming.
- Interested only in best dollar offer, too money conscious.
- Asks no or poor questions about the job, little depth and meaning to questions.
- Unwilling to start at the bottom, expects too much too soon, unrealistic.
- Makes excuses, evasiveness, hedges on unfavorable factors in record.
- No confidence and poise, fails to look interviewer in the eye, immature.
- Poor personal appearance, sloppy dress, lacks sophistication, weak hand shake.